dang, my house is having internet connection problems all day so I’ve been trying this whole time. but I WILL come over, dangit.
dang indeed. if nothing else, there’s til May 20th! I hope to set out ALL my flowers when I’ve had more time to prepare and have another open gates session (with an even bigger free pile woo) maybe the week after Easter.
also I’ll be leaving gates up for a few more hours still tonight, so!
Ah okay! I fiddled around and apparently there was a firewall up. try now. :\
I’m not very good at troubleshooting this sort of thing, but if you can’t just automatically connect to your wifi, like you can with NL.
the wireless router has to either not have a password set for your network, or it has to be using WEP (not WPA). this is what my husband tells me.
I unfortunately can’t help you set that up, or if it’s any other problem, I have no idea what it is. :\
- Ezusa in Hanabera
- Mandutsu in rose
- Taylor in Alternia
Your FCs didn’t work! If for some reason you see this before 11pm EST, send me an Ask and I’ll add you before I open!
To anyone who signed up for the the ACWW going away party this weekend, the host/visitor list is up! I apologize for being so late with this. ^^;
Hosts are free to open gates when they want, just be sure to note when you plan to so so in the ‘Host Notes’ column so that visitors know when to visit.
P.S. If you need some games to play with guests, check out this list.
I will be opening Bentley’s gates around 11pm EST tonight. I don’t have a ton of things planned but
- there’s a huge free pile in the plaza
- items and bells are buried around town
- clovers near the gate are free! please just take one though!
- flowers near Chevre’s house are free
- shop, fish, shake trees, etc to your heart’s delight
- please send letters to my townies and sign the BB.
- if you have any gifts (see my wishlist here) leave them behind Elvis’ house
** If I’m standing by the gates holding a tool, I am AFDS. I hope to leave the gates open until very early in the morning but will be coming and going, so feel free to wander around town.
*** If you post photos (ahh please do) can you tag them #dusty in bentley so I see them? Or send me an Ask/Fanmail to let me know!
I’ll be adding everyone on the host/visitor list. If you’re not on the list and want to be added anyway, please shoot me an Ask!
SIGN UP TO ATTEND: Party-hardy registration link
Nintendo will be shutting down Wi-Fi play for ACWW and ACCF on May 20th, 2014. I will be organizing one last hurrah for these two titles. Each game will have two weekend events dedicated to it, one in April and one in May. This month’s first event is dedicated to ACWW. :)
This will be a community get-together where we can explore towns, play games & have fun!
I signed up to host :3
I’m really glad animalcrossingus is doing this because I wanted to host a last hurrah but between life and upkeeping my NL town, I just don’t have time to organize anything so soon. I’ll need to get a big old free pile going though! <33
Guess who got herself a used copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World?
Uhm.. so I’ve only played new leaf so far in this series, do anyone have any tips for me? Anything I should do right away, or avoid like the plague? I’m also playing this on a 3dsxl, not a ds. Does that make any difference at all?
Found you in the tags, signal boosting, I know some ACWW blogs still follow me! :) Just a couple things I thought of off the top of my head, hopefully others can fill in what I’ve forgotten!
- Don’t waste time watering healthy flowers, it won’t keep them from wilting. You’ll always have wilted flowers sometimes, but they perk up the next day if you water them.
- Also trees won’t grow in a LOT of places, there’s “dead spots” all around your town where a sapling just won’t take.
- There’s no grass wear!
- If you send you townies anything other than fruit or cash, they WILL put it in their homes. It’s pretty common in WW to have townies with houses filled with nothing but clothes. :\ This does make it easier to redecorate their homes, though!
- If you hear the NPCs sighing when you go into their building, talk to them. They’re about to confide in you, and many of them will give you their backstories. Talk to them each day because these little talks are in multiple parts!
- You can lock in neighbors that you don’t want to move out with an in-game glitch. I posted about it here.
- You can also keep Joan’s turnips FOREVER and they won’t go bad, again with a glitch! Post is here!
- Also you should know, in case you don’t, that you can still wifi with other ACWW towns until May 20th! After that Nintendo is no longer supporting wifi for DS games (even if you play it on a 3DS)
I decided to boot up Bentley to check the last date that I played to tuck away my flowers so I can eventually TT to the real-world date.
I was pretty sure I played the day before NL came out but was certain that I didn’t play on my birthday (the day after NL came out). From the looks of the flowers I probably didn’t play the 8th, after all. But luckily they were all there, though wilted.
Now that I know the date for sure, I’m just going to boot it back up on June 10th 2013 again, tuck away the rest of my flowers and TT to the current date. I put away most of them before I got NL, just leaving the basics, but I think I’m going to put them all away since I’m obviously not going to keep up both towns consistently. But this will help so I can play now and then in B-town.
All my neighbors are still there (only Ruby and Whitney aren’t locked in, so they were the only ones I was even concerned about) and Elvis is really pulling on my heartstrings up there.
Yesterday Chevre camped out in an igloo in my NL town, but as much as I love her, I can’t have duplicate neighbors from Bentley in Sagewick. I want them to be my Bentley neighbors and only my Bentley neighbors.
My 3DS is the XL and oh my gosh my DSLite feels so teensy tiny now.
The flower should go onto the table! Do you know the name of the furniture you’re trying to put the flower on? Some of them don’t work as tables so you can’t put anything on top of them, even though it looks like you can. This is my only guess!
So I bought Animal Crossing Wild World and well
I picked all the fruit, I keep shaking trees to get money bags (and beehives), fishing and bug catching is fucking hard what else can I do? D:
- Practice fishing and bug catching! It’s hard because you need to practice. ;)
- Don’t forget to pick up shells on the beach to sell.
- Talk to your neighbors! Write them letters.
- Start planting flower gardens. Plant an orchard by burying fruit. Lay down a path to follow around town.
- Make patterns at the Able Sisters’ shop.
- Sometimes, there’s nothing else to really do in a day. Put it down and play again tomorrow!
I planted 12 trees in animal crossing. Only 3 out of the twelve actually grew (I watered them and everything wtf is this)
1. You don’t have to water trees
2. Trees can’t grow just anywhere. There are random “dead spots” around town where they won’t take. They also won’t take up against another tree, building, or wall.
(If you want to plant fruit trees, the best thing to do is chop down existing trees, dig out the stump, and plant the fruit there, since you know the sapling will take!)